Server 2008 R2

May 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hi,

We have set up our server and checked the fax is working from the windows fax and we know that the pop3 is working and all details are correct.

When we run up your program we get a dos box on the screen with a flashing cursor and nothing else.

The directory structure we have is this:-

C:\EmailtoFax

C:\EmailtoFax\configuration

Please can you advise if this is correct and if there are any other programs that yours depends upon.

Cheers

Mark

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Hi Mark,

Please try running FaxServerNET.exe from the command line, it should output the error there.

Future versions will include a logging mechanism to allow these things to be captured in a text file. I made a really stupid decision releasing the program without a proper logger.

Please let me know what you get when you run the program from the command line.

Thank you!

May 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Nothing happens when its run from the command line the console box appears with the cursor in the top left of the page and no information / status, and more importantly no errors. the box just sits there.

I have tried to get it to read 3 different pop3 accounts all of which I have control over and even added the program to the firewall just incase one of them includes our own exchange server with POP3 enabled for that account.

I have checked the source code but the source code you have here is for the older version and not the the current version, unless I would be able to run it in debug and see where things are going wrong.

Thank you in advance

Mark

May 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM

An extra update to this - We have decided to try the software on a windows XP machine and it is collecting the email from the server (we see the email being collected and removed through the server mail logs) however it is not sending the fax??

Coordinator
May 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM

You can try using the old code for debugging in the meanwhile. The only
difference between the new and the old release is a one-line fix in the
regex that cleans the phone numbers.

I will try to get time this week to release the new source. What is the
name of your fax in XP, is it "Fax"? Is the fax queue in XP showing
anything at all? What kind of attachments did you try (try a simple txt
file to see if that works)?

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hi,

We have this working on an XP machine, but are unable to seem to get the reporting to show successful or failed faxes eg failed faxes to either throw a message to the console or to a log.

I have created another log that gets written to when a fax is queued but cannot seem to capture the " public enum FaxStatus" any assistance would be appreciated.

Also the source code on here is now a very old version from 2010.

Cheers