V1.2 problems

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2012 at 3:08 PM

hi !

i'm trying V1.2 on win 2003 server and also with Windows XP SP3.

i noticed that with V1.x there is no support for pop/smtp with SSL ? is it right ? i saw some parameters about SSL in V2, would it be possible to add them in V1.x ?

I configured the XML correctly, when i send an email with the fax number in the subject + a .doc file attached,  FaxServerNET create a folder with the email address name, copy the attached file in it, remove the mail from the server and then crash. the fax is not sent...

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Hi,

Yes, there is no support for SSL in 1.x. I will try to add it, but I can't make any promises.

The 1.xx logging is really bad, try running the application from the command prompt and see if there are any errors written to the console. You could also check the Windows Event  Log in the "Application" section for any error.

Also, can you manually send a fax from your Win2003 machine? that is using the built-in Fax utilities in Windows, can you send a test fax?

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Hi !

first of all, i used a clean XP SP3 PC same model as before and now it works without any problem.

The windows 2003 server PC uses microsoft fax and i can send a fax manualy from the microsoft console from local and from a remote XP PC.

ASAP i will post here the error output from the prompt.