Program crash immediately on XP

May 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Hello,

I've tried installing the program on a WIndows XP machine.

I made sure .NET is fully installed (including 4.0 full version), fiiled all needed fields in the configuration file and made sure the fax service is running (I've been able to send faxes using the built-in windows wizard).

Upon launching the program, it crashes immediately (FaxServerNet has encountered a problem...).

I'm not sure what information you need exactly, but let me know and I'll be happy to help you debug.

Thanks in advance, Adam.

May 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Forgot to mention crash happens on both 1.0 and 1.2.

May 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Hello again,

I managed to caught the error thrown once the application crash (copied from cmd window):

Unhandled Exception: Spring.Objects.Factory.ObjectCreationException: Error creat
ing object with name 'fax_core' defined in 'file [C:\EmailtoFaxServer\configurat
ion\applicationContext.XML] line 17' : Error setting property values: PropertyAc
cessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested PropertyAccessExceptions are:
[Spring.Core.TypeMismatchException: Cannot convert property value of type [Syste
m.String] to required type [System.String] for property 'ReceivedFaxesFolderPath
'., Inner Exception: System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\Faxes is in
valid.
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_Path(String value)
   at FaxServerNET.FaxCore.set_ReceivedFaxesFolderPath(String value) in C:\Users
\jr\Downloads\EmailtoFaxServerNETv1-binaries (2)\EmailtoFaxServerNETv1-binaries\
EmailtoFaxServerNETv1\FaxCore.cs:line 24
   at _dynamic_FaxServerNET.FaxCore.set_ReceivedFaxesFolderPath(Object , Object
, Object[] )
   at Spring.Reflection.Dynamic.SafeProperty.SetValue(Object target, Object valu
e)
   at Spring.Expressions.PropertyOrFieldNode.PropertyValueAccessor.Set(Object co
ntext, Object value)
   at Spring.Expressions.PropertyOrFieldNode.SetPropertyOrFieldValueInternal(Obj
ect context, Object newValue)
   at Spring.Expressions.PropertyOrFieldNode.SetPropertyOrFieldValue(Object cont
ext, EvaluationContext evalContext, Object newValue)] ---> PropertyAccessExcepti
onsException (1 errors); nested PropertyAccessExceptions are:
[Spring.Core.TypeMismatchException: Cannot convert property value of type [Syste
m.String] to required type [System.String] for property 'ReceivedFaxesFolderPath
'., Inner Exception: System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\Faxes is in
valid.
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_Path(String value)
   at FaxServerNET.FaxCore.set_ReceivedFaxesFolderPath(String value) in C:\Users
\jr\Downloads\EmailtoFaxServerNETv1-binaries (2)\EmailtoFaxServerNETv1-binaries\
EmailtoFaxServerNETv1\FaxCore.cs:line 24
   at _dynamic_FaxServerNET.FaxCore.set_ReceivedFaxesFolderPath(Object , Object
, Object[] )
   at Spring.Reflection.Dynamic.SafeProperty.SetValue(Object target, Object valu
e)
   at Spring.Expressions.PropertyOrFieldNode.PropertyValueAccessor.Set(Object co
ntext, Object value)
   at Spring.Expressions.PropertyOrFieldNode.SetPropertyOrFieldValueInternal(Obj
ect context, Object newValue)
   at Spring.Expressions.PropertyOrFieldNode.SetPropertyOrFieldValue(Object cont
ext, EvaluationContext evalContext, Object newValue)]
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractAutowireCapableObjectFactory.ApplyP
ropertyValues(String name, RootObjectDefinition definition, IObjectWrapper wrapp
er, IPropertyValues properties)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractAutowireCapableObjectFactory.Popula
teObject(String name, RootObjectDefinition definition, IObjectWrapper wrapper)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractAutowireCapableObjectFactory.Config
ureObject(String name, RootObjectDefinition definition, IObjectWrapper wrapper)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractAutowireCapableObjectFactory.Instan
tiateObject(String name, RootObjectDefinition definition, Object[] arguments, Bo
olean allowEagerCaching, Boolean suppressConfigure)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractObjectFactory.CreateAndCacheSinglet
onInstance(String objectName, RootObjectDefinition objectDefinition, Object[] ar
guments)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractObjectFactory.GetObjectInternal(Str
ing name, Type requiredType, Object[] arguments, Boolean suppressConfigure)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.AbstractObjectFactory.GetObject(String name
)
   at Spring.Objects.Factory.Support.DefaultListableObjectFactory.PreInstantiate
Singletons()
   at Spring.Context.Support.AbstractApplicationContext.Refresh()
   at Spring.Context.Support.XmlApplicationContext..ctor(Boolean refresh, String
 name, Boolean caseSensitive, IApplicationContext parentContext, String[] config
urationLocations)
   at Spring.Context.Support.XmlApplicationContext..ctor(String[] configurationL
ocations)
   at FaxServerNET.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\jr\Downloads\EmailtoF
axServerNETv1-binaries (2)\EmailtoFaxServerNETv1-binaries\EmailtoFaxServerNETv1\
Program.cs:line 28

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Hi, I think the problem is that your configuration file (applicationContext.xml located in the configuration folder) has "C:\Faxes" as the folder to watch for faxes. It seems that you do not have that folder in your computer. The ReceivedFaxesFolderPath setting needs to be set to the  folder absolute path that stores the received faxes as you specified when configuring the Windows Fax Services. In other words it is the folder where Windows Fax Services is dumping the faxes received. When configuring Windows Fax Services, you should have been asked which folder the received faxes would be placed.

To fix the error you are getting, please modify applicationContext.xml by replacing "C:\Faxes" with the path to the folder you used when configuring Windows Fax Services.

Thank you

May 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Thanks, juantar.

I won't be near the machine in question for a week or so, but will post back once I tries your suggestion.

Adam.

May 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Hello again, juantar.

Your suggestion worked and the program no longer crash on startup.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to do much more - once I launch it, all I get is a blank window with a blinking cursor (or just a new line with a blinking cursor when launched from command line).

I tried with both a Gmail account (POP3+SSL, port 995), and my ISP account (POP3, port 110) - both with the same results.

Using TCPView from SysInternals, I can see connection established in both situations (in the case of the POP3, even some packets are transferred), but nothing more.

The test email I used contains a straight forward (no formatting) number in its topic and a simple text file as an attachment.

Adam.