help needed on setup

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

hi, i know i'm a beginner. i have set the fax service on windows 2008 r2 and it work. now i'm trying to set the email-to-fax service.

instructions,imho, are not that clear for beginners and i get lost somwhere. 1st) where to unpack the zip file

2nd) once one changed the infos into the configuration xml file, there is something to start? an exe somewhere?

3th) how the fax service knows that there is a email-to-fax service do i need to configure something on the windows fax server also?

4th) i have cheated and tried to start manually the exe i see on the Debug folder. it give me "the program has stopped working" what .net version is needed?

best regards.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Edited Mar 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I apologize about that, I realize that the download has the complete Vistual Studio project (in case you wanted to modify the program). 
  1. You can unzip it anywhere, I recommend a path without spaces, like c:\emailtofax
  2. Yes, the exe is in bin\Debug. In fact, you need to copy the configuration folder (that has your edited configuration)  into this "bin\debug" folder.
  3. The exe will hook up automatically to the fax service. No need to do anything special with it.
  4. It probably failed because of the missing configuration folder, you will need to copy the configuration folder like I mentioned in answer #2.

Again, I apologize for not having clear instructions. I will put the above in the documentation section.

Thank you for using this program, please let me know if you run into any other issue.